Tuesday 12 July 2016

Reckless Heart

A loving heart can easily be destroyed, it can easily fall & break into a million pieces
I always play it off like it never matters, but it usually is a big part of why I am hurt.

You can state your own version of events & I will continue to think about mine.
Maybe, or perhaps - love is a fragile yet strong word to define, mostly it's untouched
because, honestly; you can't define what you truly do not understand in terms of depth.

I've never truly known what to do with it, do I play it cool or do I spill my emotions
and the very truth is, it's hard knowing what to do when you're lost enough as it is.

Mixed feelings are kind of like the shots I take to burn my feelings away, and literally.

I breathed you in like the oxygen I live for and now I'm basically living with my choice made
but ultimately, you can't regret what made your life kind, even if it was temporary & bittersweet
I don't regret but I do wish I had been more cautious in taking my time with you, as I'm now stuck.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment