Saturday 13 February 2016

Hands Of Poetry; Introduction

To follow through with your dreams is one of the most challenging tasks,
and I know this better than anyone because that's what I'm facing.

It's an intimidating cycle of ''am I good enough?'' and ''will I succeed?''
Which, in most cases, people are only as lucky as the universe wants.

My dream is unrealistic to a few, more of a dream than reality,
but it's never wrong to embrace your talents and passions-
for the most part; that is what makes you different.
If standing out means taking more risks in life, so be it.
let yourself be free in the aspect of creativity; artfully speaking,
and let there be no boundaries in your blossoming process.

My dream in this case, is my desire to publish a book.
I know it sounds crazy, but poetry makes me feel alive.

As a child, I was entangled in this vivid imagination
that only surfaced after my first heartbreak
but ironically enough, that was a start.

I began reading intensely into the whole thing
poetry books became a big part of my life
from that point on and I knew in my heart
this is what I wanted to do with life.

I wanted to create, it was my destiny
it felt like that from the very start.

From the age of 13 and so forth
it became a need to write
I took great pride in what I believed
which made me even more determined
to prove myself good enough.

Throughout the last 3 years,
I've found myself going through
difficult times of darkness, isolation
and most of all, unrequited love.

Emotions were building as I fell apart
and soon enough, drastic measures were taken
but as you can hear, I'm slowly recovering.

Since then, I took every ounce of bad
and created something worth the read.

As many will understand, it wasn't always
good like how others wrote or spoke
but it was true, raw emotion
no filtered words.







No comments:

Post a Comment