Wednesday 13 July 2016

Putting Together A Book Of Poetry Is Not Easy



I used to think it was as simple as printing off sheets of paper and drawing a figure or so to go along with what I had written, but it turned out to be a creative block for me, I now find it hard to write at all. I know creativity has no limits, but the mind certainly does, and it's frustrating for me because I live for writing, it keeps me sane, calms me down if I have a lot to think about or just life in general.

I learned a lot of things in this journey of writing poetry for a book I have yet to make a reality true
there is so much I didn't even comprehend when it came to deciding to make my dreams worthwhile.

Oh sure, write a poem and suddenly you're a writer. I'll admit, I'm not the best at finding the words
neither do I brag about my work because it's a constant work in progress, it will never be perfect
and that's something I definitely struggle to acknowledge when my thoughts are on overdrive.

I think the reality of creating a piece of work straight from my heart to you is what scares me
this needs to be a wonderful debut piece, otherwise it'd be nothing but a few words I wrote.

This needs to be something I am one hundred percent proud of & want to show off to the world
instead of a rushed bit of poetry that sounds nowhere as great as it could have done if I had focus.

I admire the ones who have published and continue to do so, I wish I had that motivation in life
but sometimes the anxiety of showing my brutally honest pieces seems a little too much to bear
and I'm sure most people can relate to that. I mean, it's about creating work you're so proud of.

For years, I've been anonymously writing & posting on different websites, all because I didn't want
to associate my identity with it, especially at the rough time in life, I felt that would be too much.

When I definitely debut my work, I want it to be raw honesty & heartfelt emotions all wrapped in one. All I want is to create a piece of work that I can proudly call mine & be happy with the result.

I have no idea when or how I will complete this, but it's something I constantly think about often.

There's one thing I am sure of; theme, title, the cover is yet to be seen.

Three parts, one story. Fingers crossed that I get this done.


Love, M.


No comments:

Post a Comment